The matching changing table was also Savannah's. It has terrific drawer space. The artwork above the changing table (see close-up below) came from Papa - it's actually a hand-stitched piece of fabric he found at the Eno River Festival and had framed. I think I'd like to find an animal mobile to hang over the changing table as well.
Artwork over changing table. Flash from inexperienced digital camera person (moi).
We found these hairbows when shopping for a friend's baby. Bees + Carolina Blue made them a must-buy!
Lovely artwork given to us for Chinese New Year by the talented Emma Little.
Pappy and Mee Mee gave Noelle this doll, among many other things, last Christmas. Precious!
Yay! We love this adorable outfit given to us for Noelle by our friends Jessica and Jeff after their trip to China. I found the coat rack recently at a local shop and couldn't pass it up. Sitting on top of it are her first shoes, an angel given to us years ago by our friend Lucy, an Easter egg cup with a little lamb from my childhood, which my mom recently gave me, and a sample invitation for the 100 Good Wishes Quilt (please let me know if you'd like to participate and need information).
This is just a glimpse into some of the sweet gifts we've received from family and friends in addition to some of the super fun shopping we've done. I never thought I'd be quite so into nursery-making, but it truly helps pass the time on the days that are difficult, and when I'm in the nursery I feel closer to Noelle. I imagine what it will be like to rock her, and I know that in time I'll be doing just that - if she likes being rocked, that is! Next I'm looking forward to painting the letters of her name, which I'll hang over the crib, and getting curtains made - Nana says it's too bright in the room with just the half shutters, and I think I better listen to Nana!
Comments
the nursery looks even more special than the last time i got to see it!
xo, cheryl