The most amazing thing happened on this date one year ago - our son found his way to us. cc, we celebrate you today and every day. You are an incredible gift, and we love you with our whole hearts. Thank you for the immense joy you have brought to our lives just in your first year of life. We feel so lucky to be your parents, and we look forward to all that is to come for our family.
cc celebrated his first birthday last Tuesday, and we had a super fun party for him on Sunday. We had a birthday cake decorated with a puppy dog and balloons from Whole Foods that was beautiful and delicious, and we had 50 balloons that provided quite a bit of excitement for the kids. Those in attendance were all the little ones from his neighborhood play group, some of our dearest friends and their children, all the grands, several aunts and uncles, and cousins Savannah, Byers and Stacy. We took lots of pictures and video (who knows when it will all be downloaded and organized) and made some great memories.
What a year!!!! I so wish I could publish some pictures of cc on my blog, but since our adoption isn't official yet I'm not allowed. He's just too cute, though, and I'm actually thinking of making my blog private in order to maintain confidentiality but still share pictures with friends and family through the blog. If you have been following my blog and would like to continue, please let me know who you are in the event that I go private.
cc celebrated his first birthday last Tuesday, and we had a super fun party for him on Sunday. We had a birthday cake decorated with a puppy dog and balloons from Whole Foods that was beautiful and delicious, and we had 50 balloons that provided quite a bit of excitement for the kids. Those in attendance were all the little ones from his neighborhood play group, some of our dearest friends and their children, all the grands, several aunts and uncles, and cousins Savannah, Byers and Stacy. We took lots of pictures and video (who knows when it will all be downloaded and organized) and made some great memories.
What a year!!!! I so wish I could publish some pictures of cc on my blog, but since our adoption isn't official yet I'm not allowed. He's just too cute, though, and I'm actually thinking of making my blog private in order to maintain confidentiality but still share pictures with friends and family through the blog. If you have been following my blog and would like to continue, please let me know who you are in the event that I go private.
Comments
SO nice to see you, Chris and your sweet babes this weekend! See you soon i hope, kiss all those baby toes for me!
lots of love
andrea
Thanks for the update - your daughter is beautiful, and it sound s like you had a wonderful celebration for cc.
I love you,
rach
xoxo to all!
Cristy
Congrats on your beautiful family.
Will email you privately soon!
Penny
Derrick and Melissa