I got my hair cut short this morning. The weather is getting milder - finally! Change is in the air.
Today was a good, rather leisurely day for me. I took care of some adoption business after my haircut, then had lunch with Chris at home before he went to work, then visited my mom and later ate a doughnut with her at KK (actually 2), came home and did some laundry, and walked for a long time this evening. Walking outside does amazing things for my outlook, not to mention my doggies really appreciate it, so I hope to get back to walking regularly now that the weather is getting cooler.
It was great to be able to mark a few things off the getting-ready-for-baby to-do list today as well:
-My new, safe plastic bottles (by Born Free) and glass bottles arrived this week, along with my sheets for the cosleeper.
-I cleaned the cover on the infant car seat my sister gave me, which fits so nicely in the stroller from my friend Claudia. I'm ready to stroll!
-Last weekend, I picked up the curtains for the nursery and got them hung with Chris' help. He hates hanging anything, so we were both thrilled when that was done. They look really nice, and more importantly, they block out the light, which I hear is good for a sleeping baby.
-I've made another appointment to meet a pediatrician recommended by several friends since I'm not sure about the first one I met. I like what I'm hearing about this one, so I've got my fingers crossed.
I really think we're pretty well set for a wee one at this point, though I'm sure when we get the call I'll realize something huge I've forgotten.
With parenthood approaching, we've also been busy taking care of some things that have been in the works for quite awhile. We recently had our wills drawn up - big check - so very glad that's done. And we've been doing lots of house projects. Chris got our fence painted all by himself - huge check - we got new insulation in our attic - another huge check, especially since we've been planning to do this since 2004 - we got the closet in the kitchen that was started last November finished - another big check - we replaced some steps that lead into our front yard - big check since they were probably on the verge of becoming unsafe - we put in a doggie door to the garage - nice check for the doggies - I painted our bathroom - a check for me - and we had our A/C serviced (now that summer is ending - but hey, better late than never!) and some ductwork replaced. So many checks! I'm quite pleased.
Funny thing is I updated our to-do list the other night, and it's as long as it was before we took care of these projects! Such is life.
Today was a good, rather leisurely day for me. I took care of some adoption business after my haircut, then had lunch with Chris at home before he went to work, then visited my mom and later ate a doughnut with her at KK (actually 2), came home and did some laundry, and walked for a long time this evening. Walking outside does amazing things for my outlook, not to mention my doggies really appreciate it, so I hope to get back to walking regularly now that the weather is getting cooler.
It was great to be able to mark a few things off the getting-ready-for-baby to-do list today as well:
-My new, safe plastic bottles (by Born Free) and glass bottles arrived this week, along with my sheets for the cosleeper.
-I cleaned the cover on the infant car seat my sister gave me, which fits so nicely in the stroller from my friend Claudia. I'm ready to stroll!
-Last weekend, I picked up the curtains for the nursery and got them hung with Chris' help. He hates hanging anything, so we were both thrilled when that was done. They look really nice, and more importantly, they block out the light, which I hear is good for a sleeping baby.
-I've made another appointment to meet a pediatrician recommended by several friends since I'm not sure about the first one I met. I like what I'm hearing about this one, so I've got my fingers crossed.
I really think we're pretty well set for a wee one at this point, though I'm sure when we get the call I'll realize something huge I've forgotten.
With parenthood approaching, we've also been busy taking care of some things that have been in the works for quite awhile. We recently had our wills drawn up - big check - so very glad that's done. And we've been doing lots of house projects. Chris got our fence painted all by himself - huge check - we got new insulation in our attic - another huge check, especially since we've been planning to do this since 2004 - we got the closet in the kitchen that was started last November finished - another big check - we replaced some steps that lead into our front yard - big check since they were probably on the verge of becoming unsafe - we put in a doggie door to the garage - nice check for the doggies - I painted our bathroom - a check for me - and we had our A/C serviced (now that summer is ending - but hey, better late than never!) and some ductwork replaced. So many checks! I'm quite pleased.
Funny thing is I updated our to-do list the other night, and it's as long as it was before we took care of these projects! Such is life.
Comments
rach
ps: thanks for the online reading from your last post! enjoyed it!