Just wanted to check in and say happy new year to anyone who happens to stop by. We are in the final stretch to the arrival of baby #2 with only 6 weeks or so to go. It's really hard to believe. We don't even have her room ready...actually we haven't even started yet! cc just keeps us so busy, and these days when he's sleeping or his dada has him, I'm sleeping. Just SO TIRED and so much to do!
cc will be 10 months old in 2 days, and he continues to amaze us with his skillfullness. He's been walking behind a push toy ever since my mom gave it to him a few weeks ago as if he always knew how. He'll actually try to turn it when he runs into something. He occasionally says bye-bye and attempts to wave, and his fine motor skills get better every day - this requires me to keep the tiniest grains of dirt off the floor unless I don't mind him ingesting whatever he picks up. (We try, but our house just isn't that clean.) We have him sleeping on a twin mattress on the floor in his room, and these days when he wakes up from napping he crawls out of his room and down the hall to find us - what a brave, big boy!
I swear he gets cuter every day. His hair is growing thicker and has this adorable soft waviness to it. I suspect it will get curlier, and I can't wait. He has the best facial expressions and gestures, and his babbling gets more interesting all the time. I constantly refer to him as the cutest baby ever, which prompts his dada to ask what his sister will be - why they'll be the cutest babies ever, of course.
I didn't actually mean to spend this much time blogging as I'm doing it from Chris's iPhone and it's taking me forever. It's difficult not to go on and on about our little guy, who is looking at me so adoringly from his dada's lap as I type. Did I mention he likes to hug and kiss now, too? Such a sweet angel...most of the time!
We are excited about the New Year and all it will bring - and quite nervous as well about parenting 2 babies. Thank goodness my mom lives close by! She should probably just move in with us. I hope I will be a patient, loving wife and mother this year and for all the years to come. And when I am a total grouch (once a day at least) I pray my kiddos and husband forgive me and always know the depths of my love for them.
Here's to the adventure ahead!!!
cc will be 10 months old in 2 days, and he continues to amaze us with his skillfullness. He's been walking behind a push toy ever since my mom gave it to him a few weeks ago as if he always knew how. He'll actually try to turn it when he runs into something. He occasionally says bye-bye and attempts to wave, and his fine motor skills get better every day - this requires me to keep the tiniest grains of dirt off the floor unless I don't mind him ingesting whatever he picks up. (We try, but our house just isn't that clean.) We have him sleeping on a twin mattress on the floor in his room, and these days when he wakes up from napping he crawls out of his room and down the hall to find us - what a brave, big boy!
I swear he gets cuter every day. His hair is growing thicker and has this adorable soft waviness to it. I suspect it will get curlier, and I can't wait. He has the best facial expressions and gestures, and his babbling gets more interesting all the time. I constantly refer to him as the cutest baby ever, which prompts his dada to ask what his sister will be - why they'll be the cutest babies ever, of course.
I didn't actually mean to spend this much time blogging as I'm doing it from Chris's iPhone and it's taking me forever. It's difficult not to go on and on about our little guy, who is looking at me so adoringly from his dada's lap as I type. Did I mention he likes to hug and kiss now, too? Such a sweet angel...most of the time!
We are excited about the New Year and all it will bring - and quite nervous as well about parenting 2 babies. Thank goodness my mom lives close by! She should probably just move in with us. I hope I will be a patient, loving wife and mother this year and for all the years to come. And when I am a total grouch (once a day at least) I pray my kiddos and husband forgive me and always know the depths of my love for them.
Here's to the adventure ahead!!!
Comments
Kim Taylor
rach