Skip to main content

Historic Day

I just commented on a friend's blog that I don't have even a sliver of time to post to my blog, which is completely true, but I figured (at the risk of irritating my husband, who is probably ready for me to come back downstairs and co-parent again since I've now been on the computer for an hour) I would take just a few minutes to simply say

GO OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For my kids, for the country, for the world.

What an exciting day.

And I'll also share that cc is wonderful and beautiful and oh so challenging. He's cutting teeth (has been for months, I swear, and those first bottom ones still haven't broken through), not sleeping well in his crib anymore so he's back in bed with us at night and often in my arms for naps, which means I can't accomplish anything, he cries when I walk out of the room every time, unless Chris is here or we have a visitor, and he grabs EVERYTHING within his reach, which then goes in his mouth if he can help it. He's almost crawling, sitting well except when he forgets he needs to balance and falls backwards, which induces lots of crying that breaks my heart, eating more solids, mostly Earth's Best jar food because I can't find the time to get the few things I need (i.e. food processor, ice trays) to make baby food for him, still wants to stand all the time and jump (which I think is why he's not crawling yet - he's been on hands and knees for months!), occasionally says "ma ma" and "da da" and babbles and chuckles in the most adorable, sort of gravely tones, gives big open-mouth kisses, and is the strongest, busiest, smartest, most demanding little fellow I have ever seen. And he's my son - not quite officially, but we're well on the way. His daddy and I knew it that first day.

About midway through the previous paragraph, my dear husband brought our dear son upstairs to me, and I tried quite unsuccessfully to keep blogging while holding him - so I went downstairs and got some toys for him, but as soon as I put him on the floor to come back to the computer he started fussing. (Actually not just fussing, but melting down completely.) So I requested that my dear husband come back upstairs and sit on the floor with cc while I finished this post, which he did. I know I'm lucky. Our dogs also came up, and the cutest thing just happened - Chris kissed our beagle Adelaide and then cc leaned over with an open mouth to do the same. My boys are the best. I experience incredibly hard moments as well as amazing, heart-melting moments every single day. I'll take them both.

Now for just a quick (since my husband is now timing me) rundown of what we did last month - a busy, fun October:

Visited our wonderful friends in Louisville, KY (first plane ride for cc!)
Visited Aunt Rachel and fam at their house a few hours south - she did another photo shoot of our cutie pie (wish I could post some pix!)
Went to the state fair and ate a LOT of food
Had a yard sale and our friend Kat joined in on the fun
Visited Aunt Jessica and fam at their house five hours west (biggest car trip so far for cc!) - celebrated Ben's 4th birthday and attended their housewarming party
Attended a few more neighborhood play dates
Voted in the most important election of our time

The buzzer went off, so I'm closing. More to come, though I can't say when...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, the great joys of parenthood! They certainly do keep us parents busy, but only in the best, most wonderful way!! I miss my two being little like that---they grow up so fast! My son now looks me in the eye when standing next to me and even though I love the person he has become, I long for the days where he cuddled in my lap and gave me great big, open mouth kisses!! (I hate to tell you, but the second one grows up even faster!!!!) My daughter was born a little old lady!!!

I am so happy that you and Chris are doing well. I hope you all have a joyous and relaxing Thanksgiving holiday and an even better Christmas!

Give Chris my best!
Kim B. Taylor

Popular posts from this blog

One Year Ago Today...

The most amazing thing happened on this date one year ago - our son found his way to us. cc, we celebrate you today and every day. You are an incredible gift, and we love you with our whole hearts. Thank you for the immense joy you have brought to our lives just in your first year of life. We feel so lucky to be your parents, and we look forward to all that is to come for our family. cc celebrated his first birthday last Tuesday, and we had a super fun party for him on Sunday. We had a birthday cake decorated with a puppy dog and balloons from Whole Foods that was beautiful and delicious, and we had 50 balloons that provided quite a bit of excitement for the kids. Those in attendance were all the little ones from his neighborhood play group, some of our dearest friends and their children, all the grands, several aunts and uncles, and cousins Savannah, Byers and Stacy. We took lots of pictures and video (who knows when it will all be downloaded and organized) and made some great ...

Moving Right Along

I have several pieces of very happy news: First of all, we are getting closer and closer to becoming cc's forever family. Recently our social worker said for the first time that we are being considered for his permanent placement. Hooray!!!!!! Chris and I squeezed each other's hand so hard when we heard this. What a relief. We're almost there, cc! Another exciting turn of events is that cc has begun sleeping through the night recently. He doesn't do it every night, but if he wakes up it's around 4am after having been asleep since about 7pm, and so we've gotten some good solid sleep by this point. If he wakes up before 5:30am, we're able to give him a bottle and then he'll go back down until 7am or so. If he wakes up around 5:30, he's often up for a couple of hours. So I actually can't decide which I prefer. I'm not exactly a morning person, though having a baby certainly forces you to try to be one. Either way, he's doing so we...

Final Countdown!

I'm now just over a week away from my due date, which is Valentine's Day. Miss Evan Rose will be here very soon! We feel ready, though we still need to do a few things like install her car seat. As of today I'm riding around with a towel in the seat in case my water breaks. I seem to be having a little trickling of amniotic fluid, which is exciting, but I guess it could be awhile yet before I actually go into labor. While I'm pretty uncomfortable, I'm enjoying these last days of pregnancy. We have prepared cc as best we can. How much can you really prepare an 11-month-old? We just give him lots of tlc (nothing different there) and his dada now sleeps with him every night on a twin mattress in his room. We figure we'll each sleep with a child for awhile. No biggie. We attempted forcing him to sleep alone a few months back, but it just didn't work. None of us were getting sleep, cc seemed traumatized, and we decided it just wasn't worth it. I r...