I can't keep up with anything these days - not my friends, not my sisters, not housekeeping, not my business, not the news, not email, not my blog, not exercise, not eating right, not my gray hairs, not sleep -
And not cc!! He is growing so fast. It's just astonishing. He's 11 weeks old today, and at times I swear he acts like he's a month or two older than he is. Over the last week he has begun rolling from his belly to his back, and for the last two weeks he has been laughing and babbling up a storm. Several days ago he graduated to a new diaper size. He's not a newborn anymore! At his last doctor's appointment two weeks ago he weighed 12 lbs. 8 oz. He gained half a pound in a week, so he's bound to be well over 13 lbs. now! He sucks on his fists all the time these days - early teething signs? I hope not, but I do wonder since he's drooling quite a bit as well. He is so engaged in the world around him. I wear him a lot and lately I've been letting him face forward in the Kelty carrier just around the house. Everything interests him from watching me open the refrigerator to folding clothes. He is so much fun and the cuddliest, snuggliest "bug" (which I like to call him) ever. I love carrying him in my wrap. The best thing of all is he definitely knows his mama.
What a whirlwind these last months have been. I am dog-tired, but I wouldn't change a thing. I've never had such a feeling of "rightness" before. I want it to last forever.
***Something I recently noticed is that I blogged on cc's birthday, March 3, after not having blogged very often for awhile. It was a special post - an announcement that the CCAA had finally reached the 2006 LID families. Very little has happened since relative to China adoption (i.e. they're still moving at a snail's pace). Perhaps I was sensing the significance of that day and the marvel that was about to enter our lives. I like to think some part of me was aware the moment cc was born and that maybe, just maybe, our spirits connected.
And not cc!! He is growing so fast. It's just astonishing. He's 11 weeks old today, and at times I swear he acts like he's a month or two older than he is. Over the last week he has begun rolling from his belly to his back, and for the last two weeks he has been laughing and babbling up a storm. Several days ago he graduated to a new diaper size. He's not a newborn anymore! At his last doctor's appointment two weeks ago he weighed 12 lbs. 8 oz. He gained half a pound in a week, so he's bound to be well over 13 lbs. now! He sucks on his fists all the time these days - early teething signs? I hope not, but I do wonder since he's drooling quite a bit as well. He is so engaged in the world around him. I wear him a lot and lately I've been letting him face forward in the Kelty carrier just around the house. Everything interests him from watching me open the refrigerator to folding clothes. He is so much fun and the cuddliest, snuggliest "bug" (which I like to call him) ever. I love carrying him in my wrap. The best thing of all is he definitely knows his mama.
What a whirlwind these last months have been. I am dog-tired, but I wouldn't change a thing. I've never had such a feeling of "rightness" before. I want it to last forever.
***Something I recently noticed is that I blogged on cc's birthday, March 3, after not having blogged very often for awhile. It was a special post - an announcement that the CCAA had finally reached the 2006 LID families. Very little has happened since relative to China adoption (i.e. they're still moving at a snail's pace). Perhaps I was sensing the significance of that day and the marvel that was about to enter our lives. I like to think some part of me was aware the moment cc was born and that maybe, just maybe, our spirits connected.
Comments
i think when you are a mom you just never quite have enough time anymore..but don't you love that in a way?!