Hi there! It's been awhile since I've posted, but the reasons are good. I've been spending lots of time exercising! I actually joined a gym, something I never thought I'd do.
I've never really been a "gym person" whatever that means (I've realized that it actually doesn't mean anything because there are so many different kinds of people--smart, healthy people--who go to gyms....stereotyping lesson learned). My acupuncturist has been encouraging me to do more vigorous activity (to increase my yang, for those who are familiar with Chinese medicine) and get my heart rate up, whether through my yoga practice or other kinds of exercise. Since I'm not a fan of the various power yoga forms, and since I don't like to walk (my other exercise of choice) when it's rainy or cold, I realized I needed to start doing something else. I do have a rebounder (a mini-trampoline) that I like to jump on occasionally, but I decided that's still not quite cutting it. So I decided a few weeks ago to go with Chris to a gym he joined in December and just check it out. Much to my surprise I had a great time. Since then I've used the treadmill and an elliptical machine and gone to two weekly dance classes that have been a lot of fun and have totally kicked my butt! So my body is tired and achy these days, but I have so much more energy and motivation.
This weekend I'm doing a yoga workshop, and it's been wonderful. I only do one or two a year, and this one has been long overdue. After yesterday and today, I'm feeling so inspired and hoping to bring some new creativity to my yoga classes and to my personal practice. I'm absolutely savoring going into poses and meditation more deeply than I have in awhile, and I'm really treasuring reconnecting with some old yoga friends from my teacher training. It's hard to believe it's been four years since we completed the training together - and four years since we lost our beloved teacher, Esther Myers, to cancer. We are so fortunate to have Esther's long-time business partner, Monica Voss, continuing her teaching in our area on an annual basis. This weekend feels like an enormous gift.
So that's what's going on in my world. There's still no baby news, and for a change I'm feeling OK about that. I'm actually rather content with life at the moment, and it feels good.
I've never really been a "gym person" whatever that means (I've realized that it actually doesn't mean anything because there are so many different kinds of people--smart, healthy people--who go to gyms....stereotyping lesson learned). My acupuncturist has been encouraging me to do more vigorous activity (to increase my yang, for those who are familiar with Chinese medicine) and get my heart rate up, whether through my yoga practice or other kinds of exercise. Since I'm not a fan of the various power yoga forms, and since I don't like to walk (my other exercise of choice) when it's rainy or cold, I realized I needed to start doing something else. I do have a rebounder (a mini-trampoline) that I like to jump on occasionally, but I decided that's still not quite cutting it. So I decided a few weeks ago to go with Chris to a gym he joined in December and just check it out. Much to my surprise I had a great time. Since then I've used the treadmill and an elliptical machine and gone to two weekly dance classes that have been a lot of fun and have totally kicked my butt! So my body is tired and achy these days, but I have so much more energy and motivation.
This weekend I'm doing a yoga workshop, and it's been wonderful. I only do one or two a year, and this one has been long overdue. After yesterday and today, I'm feeling so inspired and hoping to bring some new creativity to my yoga classes and to my personal practice. I'm absolutely savoring going into poses and meditation more deeply than I have in awhile, and I'm really treasuring reconnecting with some old yoga friends from my teacher training. It's hard to believe it's been four years since we completed the training together - and four years since we lost our beloved teacher, Esther Myers, to cancer. We are so fortunate to have Esther's long-time business partner, Monica Voss, continuing her teaching in our area on an annual basis. This weekend feels like an enormous gift.
So that's what's going on in my world. There's still no baby news, and for a change I'm feeling OK about that. I'm actually rather content with life at the moment, and it feels good.
Comments
rach