My new favorite CD is the Dixie Chicks' latest, "Taking the Long Way" - I got it in my stocking this Christmas from my dear husband, and I've been playing it nonstop ever since! It's so honest and soulful, and for me, tear-inducing at times. I particularly love "Easy Silence" (track 2), so beautiful in its melancholy and one of the best love songs I've heard in a long time, and "I Hope" (track 14), a bluesy, straight-forward, yet gentle call to action for creating more love in this world, reminiscent of Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On"...
And their "Lullaby" (track 6) is just so sweet and soothing. I imagine singing it to Noelle, though Natalie, Martie and Emily's sound is so lovely that I should probably just plan to play the CD for her. :) If I was tech-savvy, I'd figure out how to play this song here on the blog. For now that will have to remain in the idea realm.
I've been thinking about lullabies a lot over the past few months and how I want to learn some before we go to China. I've done some on-line searches for music, but have mostly found instrumental CD's. Chris gave me a couple of those for Christmas (Baby Einstein "Lullaby Classics" and Twin Sisters' "Traditional Lullabies"), which are wonderful. And my sister Rachel gave me Raffi's "Baby Beluga," which will be great for awake time, so now I just need some lullabies I can sing when rocking Noelle to sleep. Any recommendations? Please don't hesitate to share them.
I leave you this evening with "Lullaby" from the Dixie Chicks:
They didn't have you where I come from
Never knew the best was yet to come
Life began when I saw your face
And I hear your laugh like a serenade.
How long do you want to be loved?
Is forever enough, is forever enough?
How long do you want to be loved?
Is forever enough, 'cause I'm never never givin' you up.
I slip in bed when you're asleep
To hold you close and feel your breath on me
Tomorrow there'll be so much to do
So tonight I'll drift in a dream with you.
How long do you want to be loved?
Is forever enough, is forever enough?
How long do you want to be loved?
Is forever enough, 'cause I'm never never givin' you up.
As you wander through this troubled world
In search of all things beautiful
You can close your eyes when you're miles away
And hear my voice like a serenade.
How long do you want to be loved?
Is forever enough, is forever enough?
How long do you want to be loved?
Is forever enough, 'cause I'm never never givin' you up.
How long do you want to be loved?
Is forever enough, is forever enough?
How long do you want to be loved?
Is forever enough, 'cause I'm never never givin' you up.
Is forever enough, 'cause I'm never never givin' you up.
Sweet dreams, Noelle. I love you! -Mama
And their "Lullaby" (track 6) is just so sweet and soothing. I imagine singing it to Noelle, though Natalie, Martie and Emily's sound is so lovely that I should probably just plan to play the CD for her. :) If I was tech-savvy, I'd figure out how to play this song here on the blog. For now that will have to remain in the idea realm.
I've been thinking about lullabies a lot over the past few months and how I want to learn some before we go to China. I've done some on-line searches for music, but have mostly found instrumental CD's. Chris gave me a couple of those for Christmas (Baby Einstein "Lullaby Classics" and Twin Sisters' "Traditional Lullabies"), which are wonderful. And my sister Rachel gave me Raffi's "Baby Beluga," which will be great for awake time, so now I just need some lullabies I can sing when rocking Noelle to sleep. Any recommendations? Please don't hesitate to share them.
I leave you this evening with "Lullaby" from the Dixie Chicks:
They didn't have you where I come from
Never knew the best was yet to come
Life began when I saw your face
And I hear your laugh like a serenade.
How long do you want to be loved?
Is forever enough, is forever enough?
How long do you want to be loved?
Is forever enough, 'cause I'm never never givin' you up.
I slip in bed when you're asleep
To hold you close and feel your breath on me
Tomorrow there'll be so much to do
So tonight I'll drift in a dream with you.
How long do you want to be loved?
Is forever enough, is forever enough?
How long do you want to be loved?
Is forever enough, 'cause I'm never never givin' you up.
As you wander through this troubled world
In search of all things beautiful
You can close your eyes when you're miles away
And hear my voice like a serenade.
How long do you want to be loved?
Is forever enough, is forever enough?
How long do you want to be loved?
Is forever enough, 'cause I'm never never givin' you up.
How long do you want to be loved?
Is forever enough, is forever enough?
How long do you want to be loved?
Is forever enough, 'cause I'm never never givin' you up.
Is forever enough, 'cause I'm never never givin' you up.
Sweet dreams, Noelle. I love you! -Mama
Comments
Thanks for your love:) Right back at ya!